Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Pricing For Hair Color At Jcpenney Hair Salon

a few final copyright thoughts before we leave the subject entirely

Neil, Thursday, 24 April 2008 16:49 clock

A few final comments on copyright, the issue before we finally go

I should proofread The Graveyard Book . I have proofreading once loved, but that was many years ago, mainly because correct me now, the English and the American version has, so anything that I find in one, read at a time has, and I have both editions Read side by side to see what made the editors at the different sides of the Atlantic from it. (Shakes miserably head ...)

The event in May at MIT is not sold out, tickets were only the first MIT students and employees offered. My friends at Pandemonium and The Million Year Picnic, according to both sell tickets now. was

A quick Googling me http://community.livejournal.com/millionyear/33091.html
with as much information about the MIT event.
If you want to reserve tickets by phone (617-492-6763), must collect them within 48 hours. No telephone reservation after 14 May Maximum of 4 tickets per booking.


I've seen that you are on the list of speakers for the Children's Book Council Australia in May. I'm curious if you have time between your two performances for signing.

If not for the CBCA, are you doing, signing somewhere else in Melbourne?

Thanks in advance

-S


Clicking WHERE'S NEIL and you will land on http://www.neilgaiman.com/where/ and learn that three of Melbourne, two Sydney and Hobart event next week are planned. And to answer some other common questions, yes, I know I was twelve years in Perth and has not Ten years have not signed in New Zealand. I understand that it is unfair to the people in Brisbane and Adelaide is that I was not there to sign, and even worse for the people in Canberra, because, with only one body but two kinds of places have decided to Hobart, where I was ten years was not, rather than for Canberra (where I in July 2005 was ).

After your comments about the JK Rowling Lexicon case have read, I was concerned whether the whole thing on your handling of certain characters that you made for MacFarlane's Spawn series, recalls. Can I see vague similarities.

As long as the lexicon only existed on the site, and nobody has benefited from this is not an issue. But at the moment it is published in book form, it will make money with it. Let us look at the facts, people would buy it as Masen. In that case I think he has either not, or for permission (and he clearly has not). Since he has not, that is, but he is wrong? He does not need their permission to make money with characters that they invented it? Should he not have asked from the beginning?

I only saw the similarities. I realize that it does not take the characters to write new stories with them (like MacFarlane has done it) order for it to clear ....... but it seems to me wrong. If the book is poorly done, then that is also back to them and their world, right?



you are only in so far as similar in that they do not really cared about the turn, what have thought that people (including people who were involved in the dispute) (including the people who were involved in the litigation) what they would rotate. I thought the McFarlane case was about copyright and Todd tried to get to stick to his promise, and these records, claiming that he had written my expenses, and such. I think of Todd's vision was all one thing from I make my rules And I'm tricky and everyone has to do what I say or something of that nature

But in the end, when I had gained after the appeal in all 17 points, it was actually the following: to start the clock ticking when the copyright has been infringed, or if the violation is discovered? There is a three-year period for copyright claims. In 1996, Todd said UDN registered his copyright to have Spawn 9 and the Angela written series, then, three years later he let me know that he is none of our agreements with respect to the keep things that I had created, it is. Was my time has expired? His lawyers were sure that it was so, and even some of my lawyers were not sure whether I'm on thin ice.

And the decision by Posner Court of Appeal was, in essence, is no one expected that he, the Office of Copyright patrols to search violations under, and the clock only starts ticking when you learn it. (All the Posner decision must be read here. http://www.ca7.uscourts.gov/tmp/CR1FGCDA.pdf and is really very interesting)

In the Time Warner-Rowling Vander- Ark case, it is fact, not "Will it make money?" or "the Stones fan sites is put in the way?" nor about any of the other issues that people discuss online. From a legal perspective, it does not matter whether Ms Rowling was planning its own encyclopedia, or the money used from this charitable purposes, or so, although I believe that Ms Rowling is not sure it does not matter (because I would not care, I would have to its behalf).

As far as I can judge it, it's about a few gray areas of copyright law. I suppose, and I am so not a lawyer so that it will end only count if the words written by Mr Vander Ark, the genuine article factory edited enough, has to be considered a new work.

There is a Online-Come to Antar Sandman . If the people who wrote it, or someone else, decide to publish it, I could not stop, even if I did not want it published, even if Les Klinger I finally persuaded hääte to induce DC Comics, he commented an official Sandman write to let . (Someone has asked when Les Annotated Dracula appear - it will be in October 2008 his .) Because there are obviously a forming plant, it basiertauf my work, but stands on it.

If someone were to create a Web page that everything in Sandman lists alphabetically, like a dictionary or concordance ... if I plan to make such matters, not then. If someone with my work and words and ideas make money does not count. Whether it is a good or bad lexicon does not count. Whether I am frequently quoted or not, does not count (how often will I cited, falls under fair use, but to write my words, and you're safe). What matters is whether the new plant my own Work transforms sufficiently transformed into something else, by taking these entries and sorts them alphabetically. What's inside your own work? The Bible in the King James translation is in the. When one writes to a concordance or a lexicon, each person udn lists each location, something that a lot of time to complete, one could copyright sign on it. If someone else kopert this lexicon - just take your Bible dictionary and writes his name on it - you could sue him? Should you? Apart

And of personalities and newspaper commentaries and online reviews, that's what this case is tantamount.

Hi Neil,

How am I a fan of Harlan Ellison. As a feminist, but his misogyny makes me really sick.

I wonder how you get it under a hat that I and your friend Ellison is a great writer, udn that it can be really sexist. I'm especially curious because you yourself have two daughters. (And one of them went to a college for women, I also went to Mount Holyoke.) What do you say when Ellison makes derogatory remarks about women? I very much hope that you are doing more, not thinking about it and see "Harlan is Harlan check them off. Even if he is funny as hell, its setting actually harmful. Moreover, it is beneath him to rely on sexist jokes, and I really do not understand why he macht.Ich do not like it when he says he would use this kind of humor only way complaining. He is a white man - he can not claim sexism for women.

I would really appreciate an answer.

All the best,

Emily Neal


You know, in my presence Harlan has over the years some surprisingly derogatory remarks about studio members, the Walt Disney Company, a lot of restaurants we have visited several Eastern European publishers, English Food, the British (with the exception of me and his wife - at least sometimes), editors, other publishers, a male SF critic, television producers, Fantagraphics, friends of mine and made film producers, the list goes on and on. If Harlan common in my presence, talking about my friends, I remind him that they are my friends and he is a dork, and he either looks coyly from the laundry or told me I was an idiot, because I like too many people . There are many people and many classes of people such as studio accountants, Harlan has spoken about the very rude. I can not remember the "female" on his list are. (I remember that he once talked very rude to a studio head, but because she was studio manager, not because she was female.) Which means that your letter made me quite confused, because you love me just as may well ask'd like I could stand for his Harlan attacks on color, or left-handed, or jazz musicians.

What is "Harlan is Harlan" is concerned, it reminds me of what said the producer of the documentary Dreams With Sharp Teeth Erik Nelson, when I told him that the film is not balanced well and he should be a few Harlan's interview of enemies. He said: "This has also told Harlan I told him." Harlan, You are you own worst enemy.. "

...

Off to Australia on Saturday ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment