Neil, Monday, 14 April 2008, 11:45 clock
details on reading / talk / book signing in Tulsa on 28 June http://www.roadworkok.com/gaiman.htm now
I a screening of Beowulf
and will present it (and everything else, no doubt) talk. And I'm kind of excited because I've never been to Oklahoma was and hopefully have time, Lafferty me to see stuff when I'm there ...
...
Many have questioned me about my opinion on the proposed draft law on copyright for orphan works. I just read http://www.copyright.gov/orphan/orphan-report.pdf and until I am with the # through, I have no opinion. Then I read everything else, what I can find (like the http://lessig.org/blog/2007/02/copyright_policy_orphan_works.html and stuff here
http://www.illustratorspartnership.org/01_topics / article.php? search term = 00 185
). And then I say probably something here, or I'll show you the most reasonable place in the net, I've found.
The only thing that most incoming emails currently have in common is the Überezugung that ordinary people are deprived of their rights and that if the bill comes through, it will be gewzungen future to pay for the registration of its rights to receive compensation - which has always been so, I fear. You own the copyright in the moment of creation, but at least in the U.S. you have this still only udn register for pay to sue them for damages for violations of your copyright.
(FAQs The copyright of the Office of http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-general.html # mywork are helpful and clear.) [Edit to add : Hi
Neil,
All the hot air around the Copyright in orphan works is just that - hot air. This entry explains a lot: found
http://maradydd.livejournal.com/374886.html
I Did on Boing-Boing.
All the best,
Jess
I did not link to the entry under histerischen http://mag.awn.com/?ltype=pageone&article_no=3605
because it completely histerisch was obvious, and even I could say with little prior knowledge that he was wrong. But nice that someone takes it apart. And as nice is to see that:
http://ursulav.livejournal.com/758643.html
]
...
Hey Neil,
Here is the link where you can tickets to the New York Comic-Con receive side.
I plan
Orange
and something to read from
The Graveyard Book
. ... Dear Mr. Gaiman,
With all due respect, what is just in front of you?
you, sir, are British. Unimportant that They consider it necessary for one or two adventures in the colonies überzusiedeln, but you seem to be a bit taken much from the guy from the New World.
I refer, sir, to the fact that you have sworn off the TEE HAVE! If you hit the long winter on the mind? Think it through again, man! The answer is not less tea, but MORE! I propose that Assam, or, failing that, a pint of gin.
Concerned,
Spike,
Oxford.
ENGLAND (a cup).
course I am still Englishman. If I become an American, I would not drink coffee anymore.
0 comments:
Post a Comment