Monday, April 7, 2008

How To Get Any Puffle Without

my life in green and purple



Neil, Saturday, 5 April 2008, 12:04 clock Merrilee (which is my literary agent for 20 years) is gone, and left me with a Blat large left paper on which almost everything is listed, which I made myself available to write in the next 18 months - in purple and white for books, articles and stories, and in green and white for screenplays.
I am now officially allowed to give my commitment to write any further introductions or to say, "Sure, that sounds funny, I do." without asking first, so that she can say "WHAT?" ARE YOU INSANE? OF COURSE NOT! " At least, are the current things are done.
...

Bob Miller, Hyperion has published works now at Harper Collins [By the way, one of my publishers and the people who pay for this site], where he intends to open an experimental publishing division operating with little or no advance payments but profit share for the author. Could be interesting - I was particularly fascinated by the last sentence of the NYT article:

Mr. Miller said that he considered the buyer of bound books both e-book and audio book of the book purchased at no additional cost to be provided . make

Because an e-book to distribute to a bound book with me seems to be an excellent way to increase the e-book world, and without even a large Additional costs for the publisher. And I like the idea, basically a HEART-SHAPED BOX license to buy instead an issue of HEART-SHAPED BOX - buy the book you would, of course, the audio file and type the text, not just the object.

The Guardian and the New York Times
write both of the arrival of Bob Miller at Harper Collins, and if you read both, you have a pretty good overview.

I think the message of the
Times that Typically, authors earn 15 percent royalties on net profit, after they paid off their advances have very questionable
.
Many authors earn 15 percent royalties on the price of the hardcover books, with which the payments are completed, and from then on, then beyond. But not 15 percent of the profits . publishers can make healthy profits with books that have never contributed their royalties. My son Mike for a few days at home, and we are in the bright summer sunshine gone for a walk, which was just curious if we are trampled by yet melted snow, and we talked about this stuff, and he wondered how this works. I tried to explain it simply as numbers: I: Suppose you get an advance of $ 1,000 for a book, with 10 percent royalties, and the book is sold for $ 10. The publisher has to sell 1,000 books before you get beyond the advance. But the publisher sells the book, which costs him to produce only 1 dollar, for 4 dollars. So the publisher already earned from the 500th copy ...

Mike: So would a 50-50 percent profit-sharing in the case of real smart.

I: I think so

has Stephen King made it so
... [Add Edit by that blasphemed on Making Light Patrick also on the New York Times.]


Hi Neil, I've looked at me what you used for word counts for your books and wonder how you came about these figures. Do you have the per page count of your word processing program used? I have found a formula by which the letters in a row, is one of the numbers divided by six, and then multiply by the lines in the document increases. How do you get to your numbers?

patiently to "The Graveyard Book" waiting

~ Karen

I use the per page count of my programs. They may be different before.

count in notebooks I diligently the words on a pair of side parts, by two and use the average as my what-I-per-page-write. If I then type in, I find out how wrong I was lying.

Hi Neil,


you have this beautiful video about crazy city lights of my favorite astronaut Don Pettit (who happens to be the husband of my sister in law) is seen? When he was in the Space Station, he has found a way the lights of the earth to shoot without camera shake. It's so cool. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEiy4zepuVE

Enjoy,
Claudia Carlson


I had not, and it is extremely cool.



Hi, I organize

one of your events in Melbourne, and wanted to know your readers, like us, you can:

Neil Gaiman 13 fifth clock May Village Roadshow Theatrette

input 3, State Library of Victoria

La Trobe Street, Melbourne
Admission free (or gold coin donation) Bookings at


learning@slv.vic.gov.au or 8664 7555



Is this where I spoke last time? If it's there, it's not great, so better book in advance to get a seat. Many people ask me why I did not to New Zealand or Perth or Brisbane or Canberra or Adelaide come on this trip (Answer: Because there is only one of me and there is time at last ... I'm sorry)



.. .



This one is important:


Hi Neil, you can
you might remember from Emru Townsend. He has made this interview with you as you have done advertising for Princess Mononoke:
http://purpleplanetmedia.com/eye/inte/ngaiman.php

maybe you can up to his sister Tamu remember that one of the organizers of SF Anticipation, the 2009 Worldcon is in Montreal, where you will be guest of honor.

I write because Emru needs a bone marrow donation.
With him was found leukemia, and something called monosomy 7th Due to the monosomy 7, he is at increased risk of the leukemia coming back, no matter how successful chemotherapy is. A bone marrow transplant is his best chance of survival. Sorry Does not his sister as donor. During each

could be a suitable donor sender, it is most likely someone among people of the same ethnic origin to find. The son zweider African-Caribbean parents sink his chances, because blacks are underrepresented in bone marrow registries in the world.

Emru is one of the nicest, coolest people I had the good fortune to meet. He also heads the fps magazine, one of the best websites dedicated to the art of animation. Would you set this message to people that it needs and maybe get you to be registered in the bone marrow registry?

Registration is fairly simple and requires no more than a swab from the mouth or a little blood. If one is needed as a donor, the procedure is a simple painless operation. Healing only includes some discomfort in the pelvis and back for a few days. Our own newly formed spinal cord within 6 weeks.

The donation is anonymous and you can know not whether you or someone Emru help others, but it saves one life, and how cool is that?

For more info and links to donor registries worldwide goes on:


http://www.healemru.com/



- Jeff LeBlanc




good. And my assistant Lorraine has asked me to mention her blog because she has made it his task to get people to Martin Millar's book LONELY WEREWOLF GIRL read what you Favorite book, since then she has read the manuscript a few years ago.

http://lorraineamalena.blogspot.com/2008/04/mostly-regarding-martin-millar.html


0 comments:

Post a Comment