Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Does Profectiv Growth Renew Really Work

the copyright one after the last one...

Neil, Friday, 25 April 2008, 11:15 clock

The above copyright to the past ...

had Reflecting on the copyrights I found here: http://nielsenhayden.com/makinglight/archives/009050.html # 191 539

It is the translation of my poem, The Day The Saucers Came in LOLcat by Abi Sutherland . I like it better than the original but I'm not sure if it would work, if not it would be based on knowledge of the originals (if you understand what I mean). (That here I am at Yale, as I read the original : http://www.you tube.com / watch v = JUkEPaN_BFY ?).

And two from the mailbag:

I am a lawyer. I am co-author of an article on fair use, which last year published in the Journal of the Copyright Society of the United States was. Much of it was a more verbose version (cut by many legal citations) of what you have today written in your diary. In practice, the one most important factor in whether a use was fair, just not sure how much money was made but the work was transformed. You a good understanding of copyright.

In addition, you have a good understanding of the difficulties that works based on others to treat copyright. The legal solution regarding your example with the Bible concordance is that the person who holds the copyright, has a "weak" copyright. (The more creativity in a plant infected, the stronger the copyright if the concordance is completely uncreative -. If it is just a list of words that could create in your computer - there is absolutely no copyright if the author of the concordance. but somehow subordinate, and has shown so that their own creativity, there is a "weak" copyright.) is

Unfortunately, in practice, a "weak" Copyright quite strong if it is part of a powerful company. For example, the Holzschnitti llustration in the original edition of Alice in Wonderland public domain and have no copyright protection. Disney's depiction of Alice - clearly a drawn version of the common-woodcut-Alice - other hand, is protected by copyright. It was expected that derived version a "weak" copyrights have . However, as came out of the computer game American McGee Alice, Alice was the one brunette, who did not like the Alice looked most people know. American McGee was supposed to be able to copy the commons-Alice as it had done Disney, but I guess they did not want to mess with Disney. (Although other reasons certainly played a role - they probably wanted to prevent that little kids buy the game by mistake -. But have played Disney copyright law has a role )

I think it's great that you have as an author no rabid views on copyright to sham t. I think many readers, acting defensively because of their favorite authors, understand the benefits of not absolute and will expire copyright does not. The creative community has a lot of public domain and fair use . (The descendants of authors are often anything but open to new interpretations of a work or creative criticism -. Hochstrittige the estate of Margaret Mitchell occurs to me there) If our modern views on copyright had always existed, you should not have free Shakespeare (who never had any copyright notice) can be quoted in Sandman and the story would have lost so some of their wealth. Or would it be crazy if you ask the heirs of Rudyard Kipling'd have to admit The Graveyard Book. copyright should not be so strong that they inhibit any other ideas or critical discussions.

I'm really looking forward to The Graveyard Book.

- Anne

and also

your last entry about court cases inspired me to gather some information on my personally blog, dealing with the common copyright of your case and the Forming shema of JK Rowling's employment traps. If you are interested: http://wise-old-sage.blog-city.com/gaiman_joint_authorship_and_transformative_works.htm

I link to your Entrages so that my readers are informed udn hope that you do not mind.

Christopher Schiller

http://www.christopherschiller.com

during Scrivener's error led me here:

http://scrivenerserror.blogspot.com/2007/11/ Accio-lawsuit.html is
and the theory that the above all a case of trademark and copyright is not .

Neil,

when I think of your last encounter with a large metal tube, I wonder as it looks with health insurance. What is with you as more or less independent author (right?) From the health insurance for you and your family? Would not it be easier to move to Canada or back to England, where one reasonably has a universal health care?

Thanks, Jon




How? I write screenplays.

Honestly, even if it sounds stupid. As long as I draw a certain proportion of my income from Hollywood, I have health insurance at the clerk's Guild, which was a good health insurance when I joined, and now no longer so great, but still significantly better than none at all for me or my family.

(Occasionally, friends ask why I write screenplays - it costs much time and energy usually is not from the movie, and if he will still turn, the result has often written something completely different than you, and unlike than in a novel is one of the Kontrole dirket from the beginning, can be lied fired, or cheated, and even if I earn a lot of money with screenplays, I earn more with books that belong to me then and still are in my control and that bring in international money udn keep it up. I'm like, "health insurance" and if they are Ameriknaer, they understand it, while People from countries where health insurance is seen as a human rights such as education, consider me crazy.)

Why not move? I like my house and my youngest daughter likes (my older daughter already lives back in England) and her school friends and it is my right to write, now and then a writer and medical insurance for it to be. (I also like to write screenplays. It is everything surrounding what bothers me.)

(Incidentally, I am happy to say to that there is a heavy PVC pipe, not metal pipe was. Otherwise, if my face even more bruised than it is. The blue eye is almost gone, the nose is almost healed, and the cut in the lip would heal better if I'd have to speak ...)

...

Mark Buckingham and Shelly Bond and I have planned in the past month and a mystery. We planned a poster for the 20th Anniversary of Sandman for the Solten as many as the artist and other artists who were involved in Sandman as possible a character or two characters. We have been thinking about different ways to do that, and opted for a party, and then Mark has planned the party ...

Dei most perhaps 40 artists, who worked on Sandman and still live and record have promised - a few were simply too busy (unfortunately no Matt Wagner and Michael Zulli), and a few we are still looking.

But the first work of art has arrived. It is Sam Kieth , and the first time in twenty years that he has drawn Morpheus professional. (And the first time he has drawn Daniel.)



I think it would be a great poster.

0 comments:

Post a Comment