advice
Tuesday 22 April 2008, 11:47 clock
Council
I'm pretty nervous when it comes to teaching, I give this year to Clarion . I refused for years because I was not sure what I could teach anybody about writing. On the whole, I think I still think about it. I finally agreed, and still believe that I do not know enough to teach someone.
Today in the shower I wondered what was the best advice I ever by another Writers got. There was what, what someone told me on my first Milford, about style to use as cover but sooner or later run naked down the street to have, that was useful ...
And then I remembered. It was Harlan Ellison about ten years ago.
He said, "Hey Gaiman Why the stubble Every time I see you, you're stubbly Why Some English fashion dictates..?.?"
"Not really."
"What then? For God's sake, they have in England no razor?"
"If you have to know absolutely I do not like to shave because I have a strong growth of beard but sensitive skin. When I'm finished shaving, I'm usually somewhere scraped skin. So I'll do it as seldom as possible. "
" Oh. "He paused." The problem I have that too. Following: rubbing hair conditioner into your stubble. Let's wash it act a few minutes, then off. Then you shave. Shaving makes it easy. No skin irritation .. "
I tried it. It worked wonderfully. Best advice ever given me a different writer.
..
Dear Mr. Gaiman,
are Bill Hader and Doug Jones really big, or you are very (very) much smaller than I thought?
All the best,
JV
Bill Hader is a few inches taller than me, but still normal-human-beings-large (and in the photo Bill is also closer to the camera as Doug or me). Doug Jones however is inhumanly large - as Abe Sapiens, he towered over Hellboy, as Silver Surfer, he towered over Ben Grimm, as the faun in Pan's Labyrinth, he towered over, well, a little girl, but he really is absolutely insanely great. And incredibly nice.
0 comments:
Post a Comment