Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Orbit Starter User Guide

Blue Wonder Sleuth - Website Critique Bilger




http://www.fonsblavus.de/

pleased Mr Bilger us with a good website.

Preamble: Every antiquarian works so hard in thought, word and works with planning and developing its own website. Therefore one should not imagine bookseller sites, and then collapse the editor block again, as in the stock market today Journal happen, but the design and content also discuss and evaluate. These critical meetings can only be beneficial. I would also encourage the opinions of colleagues, if one comes forward to the laudable idea to call them, make some detail. E RIGHTS colleagues interviews are always extremely helpful, we all like to read. But it should not be an elaborate written opinion, then wirs rather boring - Stormchen his antiquarian indicator was an unfortunate time as well paralyzed with it.

Beasley could very well, he has a conciliatory voice on the phone. But back to Bilger's website.

The blue of the page with the circular image is beautiful. Unfortunately, Bilger makes the mistake with which we usually also RFMeyer to ägern - he does not consider that one on the front page would like to look at a glance everything. The most beautiful picture using nothing, if I can just see it in parts. How awkward to affect the good idea by the urge to scroll down.

Folding menus at the top of the page are graphically clear, I do not know if I can click on "News" only "Book of the Month" and "measuring" should, or "news" itself is "news" only the title to the underlying Klappmenu or concealed in him an independent information? - Menus are bunks are available with or without their headline. to describe complicated, you see it, then you understand immediately what I mean. So it should be clarified graphically. Anyway, I would warn against too many gimmicks. I st it be better to clearly indicate what is on the website all offered? Do I necessarily "hide" part first, so that the reader is as surprised when opening Christmas calendars - - which may well be behind the door?

"News" should somehow be important. A New Year's greeting, so nice it may sound, is not "currently". - The color very good scan of the prominent (very beautiful), "Book of the Month" has, unfortunately, highly artificial and wrong-headed show by the whim of colleagues, only the front cover and back on a plane to do. The back is really the nature not flat with the front cover, if I only show the front cover and spine, then he is "really" an angle in the picture. - Here I am long since come to the shallow placement of the entire book, which looks more natural - if indeed the second, rear cover anything in addition Informative brings. At least, as here, the appearance of the book is raped.

The descriptions I ask of me that I as a reader, not the whole mess of - excellent content! - Description in a throughput of Control to the head. Through this terrible bad habit is a whole catalog of that ominous vultures, which for me is the "collective catalog of the Quack," have been ruined. we ask for some paragraphs , even better at different type sizes, etc.

This applies as a result, for the displayed under "Measurement" copies.

Anyone who is caring and competent investigations and background stories to bring his titles ready, just which would have to bring himself to an optically-clear typographical presentation. lead deserts seem sobering.

"Catalog" has the "Please click on the catalog" tactless. Something to solve graphically different, not so childish. An antique book website is not a male-egg game.

Sorry, unfortunately opened then, who would have thought the "catalogs" that are difficult to handle, awkward online crazy Manuscript of a catalog, which you must scroll down. This is not good! Older and more dignified term, to the addresses of fellow but hate this most awkward of all forms of presentation of catalogs. Here is necessarily announced a rethink. It is a matter of a cobble or two hours to get out of the printer's manuscript a well-to-use real small here.

The tab "Fons Blavus" behind the then "about us" to promote the above occurs already mentioned problem of ambiguity of hidden sub-register again. - The personal introduction text is extremely sympathetic and restrained , something I'm usually at antique shops do not live normally. Maybe even take back a bit, about the "care" of customers, but otherwise - - nicely! So be it!

It is a matter of taste in a deeper sense, if at all and when I link directly which colleagues. You do not know - these are now "friends", "Fair fellow," "bookseller, with whom I work," "... I would recommend" - or what? Please explain. - The bibliographic links are, sir, something heruntergehudelt. That must be better thought out and are tailored to the type of goods offered. Otherwise rather not take.

Mr Bilger escapes under "contact" but not to the temptation of a large portrait "winning smile" position. This could decorate in this form, the industry trade journal, or Vienna-style Wetscherek, O God, the youth of "I work with books." Such psychological tricks should refrain from it.

The change mentioned little things to pop up on the bad habit of the customer PDF catalogs on the head, nothing in my view this website as bright spot right in the misery of other colleagues or . Total score would be 2-3, even without the PDF monster quite a good 2 +.




Disclaimer: Web pages that are being sold to customers on the Internet may be subject to critical appraisal. Anyone who feels personally offended, may I ask for reworking of individual passages, I will do what is possible. But in the interests of clients and the booksellers themselves can and should it, as before giving way in the future, web site critiques.

The photo is part of the city of Blaubeuren blue pot in which we are grateful for the use of possibility.

0 comments:

Post a Comment